Home Find a professional Feedback Find out what's new at Divorce Online

Old 03-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #21
2ndWind

Re: Politics, etc.
^^ So is Sacramento! How about state Sen. Leland Yee? What an embarrassment. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2xMcx5WS9
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
ghead1

State dems have really been stepping in carp lately. Of interest is the residency issue with Wright... We have a similar situation with our Assemblyman, Nielsen ( R) but the DA won't prosecute. A local activist has been pushing the issue for years with no luck.

Putin's recent actions must have NATO in a real twist. He seems intent on reunification of the USSR.

Seng T'san
ghead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
2ndWind

Let's not let this guy anywhere near the executive office in 2016.
http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...#axzz2xmoihN7k
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #24
RealTime

Well, it appears that Putin is making his move on the Eastern Ukraine. He may find, as conquerors have since Alexander, that the taking is the easy part.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #25
steamy

I think it will be easy for Putin until he has a substantial credible opposition, & I don't mean Obama. I heard the word " feckless " used for US foreign policy. I never thought about that word before but feckless seem to fit like a glove. I think this is all on Europe this time. We are irrelevent unless we do something really stupid like puff ourselves up in a putinesque way.

Peace through strength is no longer an option for the USA. I feel very sad for the russian satellite countries. I fear Putin will flatten them without reserve, & I fear (& respect ) that they will fight for their independence to the death.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #26
RealTime

Hi steam --

"I fear Putin will flatten them without reserve, & I fear (& respect ) that they will fight for their independence to the death."

He might want to. He just doesn't have the Army for it. Recall the heady days of 2003, when George W. Bush was busy proclaiming that Saddam's weapons of mass destruction had been trucked to Syria? And that the next target of the US military was Damascus? 'Member what happened? 'Member the insurgency in Iraq? And we never heard of Syria again.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/b...occupy-ukraine

East Ukraine may be more than he call swallow. However big his eyes at the buffet table.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #27
Bluefish

"Why do we care?" McCain asked. "Because this is the ultimate result of a feckless foreign policy where nobody believes in America's strength any more."

Steamy, isn't that statement just a tad overdone? McCain isn't asking for troops. The aid package for Ukraine that he criticized many Republicans for opposing was passed.

What exactly is the "feckless" all about? Is it rhetoric or is there substance behind his words?

These are certainly difficult times. I really don't think there's a responsible leader of either party who would be saying--or doing anything differently than the President is saying and doing now. And if the Democrats were out of the White House they would no doubt be hyper-critical of whomever the Republican president might be, while nonetheless following the leader. And that's how it should be--it's the Congress' constitutional responsibility to independently check the president's foreign policy maneuvers.
Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #28
steamy

Feckless IMHO is perfect for this administration's foreign policy. Feckless to me is like being disgusted that the litter box stinks, but I don't clean it.
The stench just gets worse. Maybe I should just keep spraying lysol to disquise the odor so I don't have to deal with it.

BTY I clean Darwin's kitty box daily because I do not want to find out what would happen if I just ignored it. That would be feckless :0)

Last edited by steamy; 04-11-2014 at 09:15 PM..
steamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #29
RealTime

Blue -- Just or kicks, I've been watching Crimea documentaries --- the 1855 British/French/Ottoman alliance versus Russia and the 1940 -44 conflict between Russia and Germany. As McCain famously put it in 2008,"Russia could be taken with two divisions." He's wrong. The Crimea could betaken with two divisions. Maybe.

He and Lindsey Graham have never seen a war that they didn't like.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #30
RealTime

Steam -- Is it because Darwin is black?