Re: Trump and Co.
"Tuco" will be my new nick...
Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:36 AM   #372
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndWind View Post
Let's hope it works out for Pompeo. Although he seems like a decent person, I don't quite know what to make of his new appointment. At least he seems more knowledgeable than Trump about foreign policy.
True, but practically anyone is more knowledgeable than Trump about foreign policy.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #373
RealTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish View Post
It's hard to say where the country is is headed these days. Unless Mueller has something on Trump himself, it looks to me like we're still in for a bit less than three years of Trump's wildly inept leadership. China and Russia are taking full advantage, clearly.

Given the way everything leaks these days I wonder whether Mueller has been able to tie Trump down for anything illegal. What if all he has is just stupid, egocentric decisions on Trump's part? You can't impeach for stupidity.
Hi Blue -- I'm not sure that I want Trump gone. Pence would be his replacement. Is he an improvement? Seriously.

I suspect that Mueller already has Trump. And Trump knows it. Notice the reduced level of vitriol? You can't indict a sitting President. You could issue a report to Congress. And you could issue a sealed indictment with a delayed court date after the end of Trump's term. Mueller may have already done that.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:25 AM   #374
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
I suspect that Mueller already has Trump.
I believe you are right about that. But does he have Trump absolutely red-handed colluding with the Russians? Anything less than that, unless it's a truly egregious crime of another sort will result in a Bill Clinton-like acquittal: i.e., the Republicans will point to what the Democrats did in finding Clinton innocent. You may say this situation with Trump is different than the Clinton scandal but the Republican "amen choir" will say that is a distinction without a difference.

But then the problem for the Republicans will become what the opposition will decide this November. Infidelity is a far more forgivable offense than unrepentant lying.

Last edited by Bluefish; 04-30-2018 at 09:32 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #375
RealTime

"But does he have Trump absolutely red-handed colluding with the Russians? "

Yeah. For openers. I suspect that Trump used Russian money and Russian influence to win the election. And I suspect that Mueller has incontrovertible proof of it.

As well as additional crimes/

And Trump knows it. It's the only clear explanation that I have for the reduced level of vitriol that Trump now directs toward Mueller.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #376
Bluefish

Reduced vitriol? Have you seen today's tweets?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #377
RealTime

Hi Blue --

"I suspect that Trump used Russian money and Russian influence to win the election. And I suspect that Mueller has incontrovertible proof of it."

Here:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...mueller-561692

"Barbara McQuade, a former U.S. attorney from the Eastern District of Michigan, said one question stood out: Campaign outreach from Manafort to Russia about potential assistance with the campaign.

That question, she said, “seems to be based on previously nonpublic information.”

“Mueller is unlikely to include a false premise in a question, and so he must have heard from some source, such as Richard Gates, perhaps, that Manafort or others reached out to Russia,” she said. Gates was Manafort’s deputy during the campaign, has pleaded guilty to conspiracy against the United States and making false statements, and is cooperating with Mueller’s team."

It does beg the question: "Why was a slimy guy like Paul Manafort in charge of Trump's campaign in the first place?"
Old 05-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #378
2ndWind

Remember when Trump tweeted that he was happy with his lawyers? That didn't last long.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/02/polit...obb/index.html
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #379
RealTime

Hi 2nd --

There is a rumor out there that Ty Cobb was fired for leaking the "mueller questions to don trump'. Allegedly, Cobb leaked them to get the President to concentrate on the Mueller interview.

There is an alternate rumor that the 'Mueller questions' were actually written by the Trump team to prepare Trump for an interview with Robert Mueller and were not sourced by Mueller at all.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #380
2ndWind

^^ Should be interesting to find out more, RT.

I thought that this article was thought provoking.

The epic mistake about manufacturing that's cost Americans millions of jobs:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...Zsq?li=BBnb7Kz
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote