Home Find a professional Feedback Find out what's new at Divorce Online

Old 02-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
Bluefish

Re: Here's to 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndWind View Post
Is that the Oroville one? It looks frightening on the news. Glad that you're north of it!
So far so good, but I think they're expecting up to 4 more inches of rain in those parts in the next few days. Hustle up, Army Corps of Engineers.
Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
ghead1

That's the one. Seemed like it would never recover from the drought, next thing it's going over the top! Helicopters are dropping rocks into the holes, very high tech.

Just read that Gov Brown asked for a federal emergency declaration Friday, and hasn't gotten a response by this morning... Sad.

Seng T'san
ghead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
steamy

O Good just checking in to hope Ghead is not in danger...Peace
Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #24
Stariondad

Ghead - sorry but that's a bunch of crap. What's sad is Brown is a perfect example of horrible game playing politicians. From USA Today :

Gov. Jerry Brown said Monday that he sent a letter to the White House requesting direct federal assistance in the emergency, though some federal agencies have been helping already.

Brown has had harsh words for President Trump, and the state has vowed to resist many of his administration's efforts
Old 02-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #25
RealTime

Hi SD -- maybe I'm missing it ... so what? Isn't that a difference without a distinction?
Old 02-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #26
2ndWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stariondad View Post
Ghead - sorry but that's a bunch of crap. What's sad is Brown is a perfect example of horrible game playing politicians.

Brown has had harsh words for President Trump
I don't see the harsh words of Brown's, but I do see Trump's.

"Although he declined to say which member of Trump's Cabinet he had spoken with on Monday, Brown nonetheless dismissed any concern over the president's recent comments suggesting California was "out of control" and possibly not deserving of federal funds."
http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

"Though vowing to fight the Trump administration on a variety of issues — Obamacare, immigration, climate change — Brown has been less hostile than the members of the California state legislature and has openly welcomed President Trump’s plans to spend on infrastructure."
http://www.breitbart.com/california/...ald-trump-aid/
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #27
Stariondad

My view is Brown is a good old boy politician who's jumped on the "establishment" platform who will say/twist anything to rail against non politician Trump. Seems to me Trump is calling it like he sees it - instead of politically filtered what he's "supposed to see' to be "correct". I find it refreshing. Finally someone in government with some balls.

Anyone else notice that a MSN and several other poll results have been that more Americans support the refugee restrictions/"ban" than don't ? How come all the news is how everyone is appalled by it when the majority of people support it ?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
RealTime

Hi SD -- "How come all the news is how everyone is appalled by it when the majority of people support it ?"

Let me try to answer that question. Four judges and a three judge panel have now looked at the 'Muslim ban'. Most have opined that it's unconstitutional. Why? It denies due process to green card holders -- the class of foreigner that has the most rights in this country. (Other than naturalized citizens like myself.) They didn't touch Visa holders. They didn't have to. The order initially applied to green card holders. Then it didn't. While the WH counsel opined that it shouldn't cover green card holders, it was just that, an opinion and non-binding. As it is written, it covers green card holders and American citizens. At any moment, it could cover green card holders again.

On Friday, Trump proclaimed that the order 'had been written perfectly'. He wouldn't change a word. Yet sometime this week, there will be a new order, hopefully better crafted.

I'm appalled that they were this sloppy. I'm appalled that they were this dumb. This could have been easily avoided with just a touch of legal review.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #29
ghead1

Stariondad, what happened to your bliss? Someone pee in your Wheaties?

California seems fairly content with our elected governor, Mr Brown. Enough

Seng T'san
Old 02-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #30
ghead1

My kindle is acting up, keyboard function quits in mid-task. Sorry that last post ended so abruptly.

I meant to continue: Enough Californians were satisfied enough to vote him (Brown) a 4th term. He ain't everyone's cup of tea, but I see him neither as a good-ol boy, nor a game-player. I've found him to be open-minded, highly intelligent, and a fighter. I have always thought that his Jesuit training gave him a clear advantage, as well as having informed his positions.

He certainly IS part of a 2nd generation CA political power family, rich as heck, and considered weird as hell by people opposed to his positions, I'll give you that.

Seng T'san