Home Find a professional Feedback Find out what's new at Divorce Online

Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
lexicon

Re: Palin for President !
Exactly Kara. I couldn't agree more. I am an Obama fan. I like John McCain, but I don't like the "Bush" association. However, NOW that McCain has added Sarah Palin,...well, sorry he has my vote.

That is why I titled the thread Palin for President. Strategic move by McCain. If not this term, then next, or who knows how this race will play out?

Palin is a wild card,...royal flush!

Let's hope McCain helps "me" spread the word about Sarah Palin,...lol.

She is my absolute favorite woman politician, Govenor, person.
lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
magic-cat

lexi, it's no slam against Alaska or Palin as your governor. She's probably great... and frankly, it's nice to hear from someone (you) who actually lives in Alaska and has some first-hand opinions on her.

However, kara just stated my own opinions of why this could ultimately cost McCain more than it benefits him. Of all the highly accomplished Republican females out therewho he might have chosen, he picked one who is relatively unknown and unsung. It really does reek of being a choice just because she's female. Hey, she might be the greatest thing since sliced bread... we may never know.

But as an Obama supporter, I see McCain's move as beneficial to my candidate.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #13
lexicon

I couldn't agree more MC. As I said, however, this is a total wild card. Largely unknowm is Sarah Palin, but not for long. She will take over the spotlight on McCain, and the people will love her the more they learn about her.

Her newborn son has Down's syndrome. I don't know how she finds the time to be such a great mom and govenor. Her husband is always by her side. Great team!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #14
Joline

So what can you tell us about the investigation for her alleged improper use of authority?
Joline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
lexicon

Joline, so far as I know,...something to do with a former brother-in-law, a state trooper,...married to her sister. I don't know any more about the situation.

I still support her. Politics are unscrupulous with scandel.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
Phoebe

When I saw Sarah's face for the first time, I though, oh good, she looks very similar to Cindy McCain. I had to laugh. I admit it was a sticker shock at first then I thought about it all day yesterday. Seems we will have a very interesting election coming up.

Personally, I am for Obama. I was not pleased with how Hillary ran her campaign. If she did a better job running her campaign, I would have been okay with the Obama/clinton ticket. But after I saw how she handled it and woo people to help pay back her campaign, I ran away from her as far as I could.

Sarah is someone that my husband and gun hugging people will love. She is a hunter, a member of the NRA. I think that tilts things a bit, especially after Obama called the VA people gun huggers and bitter.

Sarah may be a good person but I am not interested in having republicans in our house right now. There is too much going on, I think Obama has the smarts and charisma to handle foriegn relations. Lexi, as much as I don't like government control, I don't like the games capitalist plays here either in America. Too many jobs have been outsourced. As a person who helps disabled people get into employment, its making my job harder. Most of my clients are the type to do physical kinds of work such as factory, assembly (anything hands on). We are becoming a service industry, providing a service to people rather than manufactoring products. I would much prefer to keep corporations here in the US. My father in law blames the union for this. I blame the owners for being too greedy, wanting more bucks and less payout to employees.

Also I am pro choice all the way through. I don't believe in abortion for myself and would never get one. But I do believe that it is a woman's personal decision to determine if the circumstances in her life allows her to handle the pregnancy or not. It is not for me to judge or moralize another person.

All I can say in this news.."let the games begin, may the best candidate win!".
Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #17
lexicon

True Phoebe, "let the games begin".

Sarah Palin is a no nonsense, take no crap leader. After 30 years of the oil co.s telling Alaska "how" it's gonna be, Sarah told the oil co.s "put out or get out"!

Sarah really addresses the needs of the people, and delivers solutions. She's soooo down to earth. You'll see,....keep an eye on her!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
Joline

My point is that I have to question McCain's judgment in choosing someone with so little experience (when that's been his big issue with Obama) and who's under investigation. If he wanted to choose a woman are there no better qualified choices in the GOP?
Joline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
lexicon

The only answer to that question Joline is >no. No better woman candidate out there!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #20
steamy

Youngest is Obamafied, he was trying so hard to tell me what an awful pick Sarah Palin was this morning...He had a hard time even pushing the issue. Like I told him, as far as I know (at this point), I really, really like her! I am so tired of being disappointed. He is a poli sci & economics major, I hope he doesn't start towing party lines!! Hopefully just a phase!