Home Find a professional Feedback Find out what's new at Divorce Online

Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #11
Phoebe

Re: Any Paul McCartney Fans Here?
You know Harmony, I never was a fan of the beetles so it took me a long time to really appreciate Paul. I started watching VH1 this time in closed captioned. When the room is very quiet and the video "say say say" comes on, I get really smitten with his voice. I never knew he had such a soothing voice. I actually enjoy the duet between him and MJ. The video is very sad for me to watch, his wife was in it and she passed away. The song made me think of those two.

Not quite a Paul fan but I am glad to hear you had a blast!!! You are very lucky because are there very few celebreties I would LOVE to meet but I know I won't in my lifetime. My path will never cross theirs.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
Administrator
Administrator

OK... first... Phoebe... it's BEATLES - the name is an important irony that set the tone for a decade of smart wit and unsurpassed musical genius performed by a "great little rock n' roll band."

Harmony... WOW. What fun. I'm not one for celebrity worship... but I am one for appreciating being in the presence of greatness. Must have been a moment, to say the least.

I am to this day a HUGE fan of the Beatles... the music, the culture, the whole nine yards. I enjoy nothing more than listening to the progression of their growth as a band, musicians and artists. I don't know if there will ever be a more serendipitous collaboration of music, history and a culture. What amazing timing.

Ringo and Paul were recently on Larry King. Though Larry's questions were a bit lame, at one point he asked, "do you ever pinch yourself." They both repsonded... "absolutely." It gave me reason to think... "wow... I bet they do."

The other poignant comment was Paul's answer to King inquiring about "why" The Beatles became such a huge success. Without a hint of ego, but more to the confidence, he stated..."fist off... we knew were good. We knew we would do well.... of course, nothing like this... but we had the confidence need to do well. But what happened after that is unlike the rest... we kept getting better... and that was the difference."

Having a long drive this past weekend, I played an MP3 CD filled with everything from Please, Please Me... to A Day In The LIfe.. and boy was he right. What an incredible range of music and eclectic tastes. Just amazing.

Anyway... sounds like a blast, Harmony.

Admin

Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #13
steamy

I have "Meet the Beatles", and most of the early albums in not so great shape (dimes on the stylus to keep from skipping ). My kids think I should sell them on ebay..worth anything? I also have a bunch of singles, Hey Jude, love me do, and on another note , judy in disguise (with glasses).
Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #14
CheroCreek

Yes, Steamy, some of those LPs and 45s are worth quite a bit depending on condition. You see, they quit pressing the music on to vinyl some years back and now the vinyl, scratches, pops and all, are collector items.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #15
steamy

LOL Chero, I kept going to call them 35's & knew that wasn't right! I have an persoanally autographed Outlaws & a Dennis Day Album too.The boys & I are keeping our Lebron James stuff till top dollar. Profitable being old, ya think???

I have a love letter from Dave Brombeck, anyone remember him? I do , barely....
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
Tiddly

I love paul McCartney but Ringo was my favorite growing up.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #17
Joline

Love McCartney. Also love his last two albums. What a show. I've seen him twice - and the first time I saw him was the last concert I saw with my brother before he died. It's a sweet memory. Glad you had such a great time.
Joline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #18
Tiddly

I would love to go see the MUSICAL, LOVE, in Vegas!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
Phoebe

Whoops Legal Ed. Thanks for the correction and not the red box!!!! I will do my best to remember the correct spelling of the Beatles...although it sounds like Beetles to me. No disrespect intended here and thanks for correcting me.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #20
Harmony

Admin - if you have never seen Paul live, you MUST!!!! In fact, I'll split front row tickets with you and we can meet at a venue halfway. There is nothing more rewarding than to share a moment like that with someone who appreciates it as much as you do - or more! Rumor has it he will tour in mid 2008 - start saving your pennies!

Tiddly - Ringo is so .... cool! With the sunglasses on Larry King, cool is the first word that comes to mind. I really like Ringo, too. You'll appreciate this story: My sister is a flight attendant and occassionally I would pick her up at the airport - LAX. This particular evening (back when one could go to the gate to pick up arriving passengers), I was walking down the long, tiled hall to the gate. It was late so I was alone in this hallway. Off in the distance I could see 3 people coming my way - a gentleman in a long, leather trench coat and two "girls" jumping and skipping behind him. I chuckled at the silly girls. It wasn't until I came face to face with the gentleman that I realized WHY the silly girls were acting so giddy. It was RINGO. All by himself, walking from his plane to who knows where.....to get his baggage perhaps? I turned into one of those giddy girls inside. I didn't say a word, just smiled as I walked by. When I got to the gate, my sister came running off the plane - "OH MY GAWD!!! Guess who was on my plane??? RINGO!!!!" That was a pretty exciting moment.

I don't like to think I'm star struck either, but in the presence of such greatness - egad, I turn into a blubbering idiot!!!