RealTime

Re: Trump and Co.
"BTW, Mike Flynn is in deep trouble."

Uh huh.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
Old 11-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #252
RealTime

Prosecutors do not make deals without seeing the goods. If Flynn is indeed cooperating with Mueller, that is a very strong indication that Flynn has something to trade. Someone in the President's inner circle is in deep trouble. Possibly even Donald himself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
Old 11-27-2017, 08:43 AM   #253
2ndWind

“When foreign investment flows in, it’s offset by Americans buying more foreign goods, and that grows the trade deficit,” said Kimberly Burham, another Wharton researcher.

Paradoxically, she noted, that means a bigger tax cut will produce a bigger trade deficit. “To get a bigger growth effect, you need more foreign capital coming in — and that, by definition, has an equal effect on the trade deficit,” she said.

At that moment, I began to remember why I had a hard time surviving international economics in college.

(Amen to that last comment, although I never took an international one.)

The GOP tax plan will make the trade deficit even worse:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...126-story.html
2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #254
Bluefish

The Trumpistas are only about enriching themselves and their friends.

Why anyone wants so much more at the expense of others with far less when they already have all they will ever need remains a mystery to me. It's as though life is a game and they believe it consists in winning by hoarding more wealth than anyone else—to be the richest person in the world. Absolute insanity.
Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #255
2ndWind

^^ So true, Blue.

It's disturbing to see that the GOP tax bill just cleared a key committee vote. It's frightening to think about how the Senate will vote on Friday. If this isn't the biggest slap in the face to the average citizen, I don't know what is.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:03 PM   #256
2ndWind

I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2d8f5ea0de1b
Old 12-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #257
RealTime

Jared Kushner talked to Mueller this week. What did they talk about? Mike Flynn. How do we know this? Jared Kushner.

If Mike Flynn is being charged 'only' with lying to the FBI, and he is pleading guilty to it, a deal must have been struck. There is no ther possible interpretation. Or am I missing something?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #258
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
Jared Kushner talked to Mueller this week. What did they talk about? Mike Flynn. How do we know this? Jared Kushner.

If Mike Flynn is being charged 'only' with lying to the FBI, and he is pleading guilty to it, a deal must have been struck. There is no ther possible interpretation. Or am I missing something?
The only hope for team Trump is that that's truly all there is to it--that Flynn lied to protect only himself and his son and for no other reason and he did absolutely nothing else worth charging him for.

Yeah, right.
Bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #259
RealTime

Jared Kushner is now in deep trouble.

Somehow, I doubt that Mueller gave Flynn a deal 'just' for Jared Kushner.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #260
RealTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
I had this wrong, didn't I? This was a last chance for Kushner to get in front of this. Any question that Mueller asked Kushner. he already knew the answer from Flynn. For Kushner's sake, I hope that he didn't lie.

And how does Donald not know and order the contact with the Russians? That's why he was always so solicitious of Flynn. It wasn't Donald being loyal and a stand up guy. It was Donald protecting Donald.

I don't see Kushner as a guy all that interested in doing prison time.

How dumb are these guys? How does Mike Flynn, calling the Russian Ambassador on a personal cell phone, not know that his call was not being monitored? Obama warned Trump about Flynn.